Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Things to do in the middle seat

DwayneMelancon found himself sequestered in seat 44E (it's not the best seat in the house, but it's better than row 45, at least). So, he busted out his "middle seat" collection:

I have lots of audio books from Audible.com on my iPod.
Oh - and here is a tip for getting even more out of your audiobooks on your iPod (all of the models since the Mini, except the Shuffle): You can change the speed of playback to "Faster" for audiobooks, and it will cut about 1/3 off the time that it takes to listen to the book. The iPod will adjust the pitch to make it sound mostly normal, too. You can do this by clicking the center button a few times while the audiobook is playing and you'll see an option to set the playback to Slow, Normal, or Faster.


I always stash some Zone Bars for healthy snacks.

I have a Nintendo DS Lite and some good games (my current favorites are Brain Age, Mario Kart DS, and Age of Empires) .

I have earplugs in case I want to meditate or take a nap.

I usually have a book and a magazine or two, so I can do something when all my electronics must be turned off.

These all help pass the time on any flight, but are indispensible when you get middle-seated on a long flight.

What about you? Any tips for passing the time in these situations?

No comments: